Kagen Allergy Clinic
We are Board Certified Allergy, Asthma and Immunology specialists. We diagnose and treat hay fever, asthma, sinus headaches, food allergies, bee sting reactions, hives and drug sensitivities.
If you don’t get better, we will send you somewhere else.
Honorable Steve Kagen MD CV
Download Dr. Steve Kagen’s Full Bio
Steve Kagen, M.D. Highlights
- Created KagenAirTM – an iPhone and Android app to help consumers discover how weather affects their health, while connecting them to nearby clinics and pharmacies using its secure, live video chat service.
- Elected to U. S. House of Representatives in 2006 and 2008 in Wisconsin.
- Authored first U.S. federal law to ban discrimination against citizens with pre-existing medical conditions, guaranteeing access to healthcare is a Civil Right – not a privilege.
- Exclusive CNN Allergy Consultant (1995 – 2002).
- EPA Children’s Environmental Health Recognition Award for creating The Allergy Family® Guide.
- Voted by Wisconsin physicians as one of the “Best Doctors in America”.
- Past Chairman of Allergen Standardization Committee of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology.
- Owned national Diagnostic Allergy-Immunology Lab – AllerLab®.
- Created NPN® (National Pollen Network).
ALLERGY and ASTHMA RESEARCH
- Awarded U.S. Patent for the discovery of a Dust Mite Allergen
- Standardized allergen vaccines used in Allergen Immunotherapy
- Developed new Venom Immunotherapy technique for Bee Sting Allergy
- Discovered and sequenced new Insect Allergens (Lake Fly, River Fly)
- First in the world to Clone + Express an allergenic protein in bacteria
- Only clinic in North America with polymerized ragweed and grass vaccines proven to be the safest allergy injection treatments (1996 – 2006)
- Discovered allergens in frog, buckwheat, eggplant, almond, and spices
- Discovered Cross-Reactive Allergens between foods and rubber latex
- Discovered Helicobacter pylori bacteria may cause Hives
- Discovered possible cause of Crohn’s Disease (Copepods)
- Demonstrated Dust Mite vaccines do not contain Prion proteins
- Only Pollen + Mold Spore Monitoring Station in NE Wisconsin (1992 – 2015)