Kagen Allergy Clinic
We are Board Certified Allergy, Asthma and Immunology specialists. We diagnose and treat hay fever, asthma, sinus headaches, food allergies, bee sting reactions, hives and drug sensitivities.
If you don’t get better, we will send you somewhere else.
Honorable Steve Kagen MD CV
Download Dr. Steve Kagen’s Full Bio
Steve Kagen, M.D. Highlights
- Created KagenAirTM and SensitometerTM test mobile smartphone apps to help people discover how weather affects their health, while connecting them to nearby clinics and pharmacies.
- Elected to U. S. House of Representatives in 2006 and 2008 in Wisconsin.
- Authored first U.S. federal law to ban discrimination against patients with pre-existing medical conditions, guaranteeing access to health care is a Civil Right – not a privilege.
- Exclusive CNN Allergy Consultant (1995 – 2002).
- EPA Children’s Environmental Health Recognition Award for creating The Allergy Family® Guide.
- Voted by Wisconsin physicians as one of the “Best Doctors in America”.
- Past Chairman of Allergen Standardization Committee of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology.
- Created a national Diagnostic Allergy-Immunology Lab – AllerLab®.
- Created NPN® (National Pollen Network).
ALLERGY and ASTHMA RESEARCH
- Awarded U.S. Patent for the discovery of a Dust Mite Allergen
- Standardized allergen vaccines used in Allergen Immunotherapy
- Developed new Rapid Venom Immunotherapy technique for Bee Sting Allergy
- Discovered new Insect Allergens (Lake Fly, River Fly)
- World’s first to successfully Clone + Express an allergenic protein in bacteria
- Only clinic in America with polymerized ragweed and grass treatments proven to be the safest allergen injections (1996 – 2006)
- Discovered new allergens in frog, buckwheat, eggplant, almond, and spices
- Discovered Cross-Reactive Allergens between foods and rubber latex
- Discovered Helicobacter pylori bacteria may cause Hives
- Discovered possible cause of Crohn’s Disease (Copepods)
- Demonstrated Dust Mite vaccines do not contain Prion proteins
- The only Pollen + Mold Spore Monitoring Station in NE Wisconsin since 1992